Monday 31 December 2007

Dave Wilcox OBE

image Congratulations to Dave Wilcox, County Councillor for the Etherow Ward which covers Gamesley, Hadfield and Tintwistle, who has been given an OBE in the New Year's Honours List.

The award has been made for services to local government, and notes many of the bodies and position Dave has held or been involved in since been elected to the County Council in 1981.

Dave is reported in the Derby Evening Telegraph as initially agonizing over whether to accept the ward commenting that "I always feel that it's not just me who makes things happen in local government. Awards really aren't my thing but I realised that, in accepting it, maybe I was gaining recognition for the work of the public services," and commented to myself that it would be nice if the award could go to group of people rather than just one individual.

No comments: