The awards aim to recognise and celebrate the sporting success of athletes and all those involved in sport at all levels, who either live in High Peak or who attend clubs within the Borough.
Nominations can be made for the following categories:
· Junior Sportsman / Sportswoman of the Year;
· Junior Disabled Sportsman / Sportswoman of the Year;
· Sportsperson of the Year;
· Disabled Sportsperson of the Year;
· Veteran Sportsperson of the Year;
· Team of the Year;
· Club of the Year;
· Performance Coach of the Year;
· Community Coach of the Year;
· Young Sports Leader/Young Coach of the Year;
· Service to Sport Award; and
· Contribution to School Sport.
Nominations can be made by anyone involved in schools or sports organisations within the Borough and people can be nominated for more than one award. Self-nominations will also be accepted.
Nomination forms can be found online on the council's website at www.highpeak.gov.uk in the sports development section of the leisure and culture pages. Alternatively, forms can be obtained from Dawn Richardson, Sports Development Officer, on 0845 129 77 77 extension 2210.