Tuesday 3 April 2007

Comments

It would appear that by not publishing a comment from anti bypass campaigners, I might have caused offence, given my apparent lack of a right to reply.

However, that is not the intention / the case, and whilst I welcome and do publish comments, I usually will only do so when the comment has come from a 'named person' rather than a 'pen name' / anonymously.

The only exception to this been, as is the case with fellow Glossopdale blogger 'bread and circuses' where there is a ‘valid’ reason for the 'commentator' remaining anonymous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a 'valid reason' for remaining anonymous? You are restricting a right to free speech here, and please don't go on about this being your blog you can do what you like etc. You're on here as a councillor - you are supposedly concerned with people's views. Do you want a debate about issues that affect our lives, or do you simply wish to tell us what you're doing?

Unknown said...

In terms of a valid reason for remaining anonymous, the following on bread and circuses sets outs what I would view as ok probably better than I can : http://bread-and-circuses.net/?p=94

With regards to 'free speech', (aside from the bits on it been my blog that you say I should ignore) if a comment is worth making, whoever makes the comment should be ok to put their name to it, and wanting a name in my view doesn’t restrict free speech.